Marinated tomatoes is a total bonanza! And surprisingly, only takes a few minutes to make. Thanks to our good friend, Vera, from Instagram, for sharing.
My husband is no fan of tomatoes, so I would usually end up stacking away a few for myself. This recipe reintroduced tomatoes to him in a whole different way. Both of us ate at least two pounds of these, before it was done marinating.
These tomatoes are flavored well, own a nice texture to them and not mushy, like most other pickled tomatoes. One thing I love about these tomatoes, is that they are skinless. These will go great in your salads or as a side dish.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Cut through the skins of tomatoes, crosswise.
- Place all tomatoes into a large bowl and cover with boiled water. Let tomatoes soak in the water for 3 minutes. Drain water.
- Peel off the skins from the tomatoes. Cut tomatoes into fourths.
- Place tomatoes into a bowl and mix in dill and garlic.
- Whisk together water, ketchup, salt and sugar.
- Pour marinade over tomatoes and let them sit for at least 24 hours. Keep them refrigerated.
- Serve marinated tomatoes cold and right out of the fridge.