Marinated tomatoes is a total bonanza! And surprisingly, only takes a few minutes to make. Thanks to our good friend, Vera, from Instagram, for sharing.
My husband is no fan of tomatoes, so I would usually end up stacking away a few for myself. This recipe reintroduced tomatoes to him in a whole different way. Both of us ate at least two pounds of these, before it was done marinating.
These tomatoes are flavored well, own a nice texture to them and not mushy, like most other pickled tomatoes. One thing I love about these tomatoes, is that they are skinless. These will go great in your salads or as a side dish.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 4 lb Tomatoes
- 1 cup diced Dill
- 4 diced Garlic Cloves
- 2 cup Boiled Water (cooled to a room temperature)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 12 oz Ketchup
- Cut through the skins of tomatoes, crosswise.
- Place all tomatoes into a large bowl, pour hot, boiled water over tomatoes. Let it sit in the water for 3 minutes. Drain water from tomatoes.
- Peel off the skins from tomatoes. Cut tomatoes into four pieces.
- Place tomatoes into a bowl, sprinkle some dill and pieces of garlic between each layer of tomato.
- Combine together water, ketchup, salt and sugar.
- Pour marinade over tomatoes, let them marinade for at least 24 hours.
- Serve marinated tomatoes cold out of the fridge.