Ukrainian “Kasha” is a lot like rice pudding. For me, pumpkin pudding goes way back to the old days with grandma and her wood burning pizza oven. This recipe is more of a modern version. This pudding is sweet, creamy and crusty on the outside.
I make my own pumpkin paste, it’s very simple to make and easy to store in a freezer.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Bring the milk to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat and add the rice and millet. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until rice and millet is fully cooked, about 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place thin slices of butter on the bottom of a ceramic dish.
- Remove the rice from the heat.
- Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar and stir in the pumpkin pure.
- Spread combined ingredients into ceramic dish.
- Bake for an hour, until sides are golden brown.