I had my husband try out few, he taught I bought them somewhere. When he found out I made them, he said you should open your own candy store. Go for it, impress your husband 🙂
Other options for top layer:
For cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
For nut covering, press the nuts gently into the truffle.
Note: I keep these refrigerated, they do have cream cheese in them and it taste better cold.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 4 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate chips melted
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract or liqueur optional
- Using a stand mixer, hand mixer, or slotted spoon, mix the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until they are completely melted. Add the chocolate chips to the cream cheese mixture and beat until well-combined. At this point, you can optionally add in vanilla extract or liqueur, chopped nuts, coconut flakes, and/or dried cherries. Cover the truffle mixture with plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Using a tablespoon to guide your measurements, portion and roll the truffle mixture into 1-inch balls in the palms of your hands. Pour some coconut flakes into a shallow bowl and roll the truffles in the flakes until evenly coated. Serve immediately and refrigerate between snacking. Enjoy!