Russian Cake Truffles are moist and rich with chocolate flavor and that little kick of liquor. Feel free to omit liquor, it’s totally up to you and will still taste just as fine.
This is a super easy truffle recipe, with only a few ingredients. In Russia, this truffles are called “kartoshka” – meaning potatoes, that’s because they are shaped like potatoes. …But to me, this looks a bit more appetizing than that.
You’ll need to prepare a Sponge Cake (click on the link for recipe), which can be made a day in advance.
Other Truffles To Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 sponge cake
- 200 g unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Bailey's Coffee Liqueur
- In a large bowl, crumble the sponge cake into tiny pieces.
- Using a spatula, mix the softened butter, cacao, sweetened condensed milk, and coffee liqueur together.
- Add the crumbled cake pieces into the bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion out the batter and roll it into small balls.
- Fill a shallow bowl with the cacao powder and roll each ball in it until evenly coated. Repeat until you run out of cake balls.
- Refrigerate the balls until you're ready to serve them. Enjoy!