Russian Cake Truffles are moist and rich with chocolate flavor and that little kick of liquor. Feel free to omit liquor, it’s totally up to you and will still taste just as fine.
This is a super easy truffle recipe, with only a few ingredients. In Russia, this truffles are called “kartoshka” – meaning potatoes, that’s because they are shaped like potatoes. …But to me, this looks a bit more appetizing than that.
You’ll need to prepare a Sponge Cake (click on the link for recipe), which can be made a day in advance.
Other Truffles To Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- You will need one sponge cake (see link in the recipe description). Break the cake into tiny pieces.
- Beat together butter, cacao, condensed milk and bailey liquor.
- Into the cream add cake pieces, mix until you get a cream like texture.
- Using an ice cream scoop, make a small round piece.
- Roll each candy into cacao powder or you can sift on the cacao. Repeat it for each piece.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.