Aren’t those cookies adorable? They will make a perfect addition to any holiday table, they look so fancy. I like the balance of sugary cookies and minty chocolaty flavors on the outside. They are easy to prepare, I just mixed things up and the oven did its magic. Meanwhile, I got all the laundry done… it never ends, does it?
This year for Christmas, I plan to make cookie baskets. I’ll be sharing it later.
Other Holiday Cookies
- Kolaczki Recipe (Polish Cookies)
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Pecan Crescent Cookies
- Ferrero Rocher Christmas Cookies
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare ingredients for the cookies. You can choose a color of your preference. Egg whites should be at a room temperature.
- Using a stand up mixer, on high, beat egg whites together with sugar.
- Add in salt and cream of tartar, beat until stiff peaks; it will take about 10 minutes.
- In a pastry bag or a ziplock back with a tip, put a few drops of food coloring. Spoon in meringue mixture.
- Pipe out small/medium size meringue cookies. Bake them at 200F for about 90 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let it cool to a room temperature.
- For the minty dip, place chocolate in a bowl with shortening. Melt chocolate using a microwave, be sure to stir every 20 seconds. Crush candy canes in a ziplock bag, to avoid the mess.
- Dip meringue cookies into chocolate, followed by crushed candies.