After making cakes pops too many times, at least too many for my six pack ..lol.. (I don’t have one), I just wanted to give you better description and few more pictures to see how I make them. My boys love cake pops and I do have few girlfriends that have little obsession with them(no names ..lol). If you are choosing to go with making cake or cakes pops, I would say that they are not any harder to make.
Follow instructions how to bake Spongecake.
Share Some Love ❤️
- In a large bowl, break the sponge cake apart into tiny pieces and mix it with the raisins and poppy seeds.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cold heavy whipping cream and sugar together until thick and fluffy (make sure you don't overbeat the cream or it will turn runny). In small portions, slowly add the whipped cream into the crumbled cake mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion out a small amount of the batter and roll it into a ball in your hands. As you go, place each ball onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Grab about a handful of the chocolate melts and melt them in the microwave. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the chocolate and immediately stick it into a cake ball. Repeat until each cake ball has a stick. Place the cake pops in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens.
- Melt the remaining chocolate melts by creating a water bath. To do so, bring a pot of water to boil and place a heat-resistant bowl on top. Place the chocolate melts in the bowl, stirring them until completely melted.
- One by one, dip the cake pops into the melted chocolate, followed by a sprinkling of poppyseeds or a single raisin on top for decoration. As you go, transfer each cake pop to a styrofoam block or cake pop stand to dry. Refrigerate the cake pops until you're ready to serve them. Enjoy!