These 3-ingredient mini cheesecake bites are the perfect balance of sweet and salty. So simple, you can hardly even call it a recipe!
Mini cheesecake bites are one of my favorite desserts to make when I can’t bring myself to slave away in the kitchen. I got this amazing recipe from my dear friend Zhanna years ago and have been hooked ever since. You’re going to fall in love with how the cheesecake filling, graham cracker crust crumbles, and rich chocolate just melt away in your mouth. Trust me…
Whether you’re prepping a dessert for a party or wanting to make a friend something special for their birthday, these cheesecake bites look impressive but literally take so little work. If the ideas of stand mixers, aprons, and rolling pins send you running for the hills, look no further than these no-bake wonders.
How to Make Cheesecake Bites
Making these cheesecake bites only requires 3 simple ingredients and absolutely no baking. Below, find a quick overview of the recipe before you dive in.
- Make the Cheesecake Bite Batter: Using a spatula, mix the cream cheese and graham cracker crumbs together.
- Shape the Cheesecake Bites: Using an ice cream scooper portion out the batter and roll it into balls in your hands. Next, transfer the cheesecake bites to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Dip the Bites in Chocolate: Melt the chocolate chips over a hot water bath. Using a fork, dip each bite into the chocolate until it’s completely coated.
- Refrigerate the Bites: Place the chocolate covered pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and pop them in the refrigerator for an hour. Serve and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
Below, find a collection of tips and tricks to help you make the best cheesecake bites on the planet.
- Soften the cream cheese at room temperature. Softening the cream cheese at room temperature for 30 minutes before you attempt to mix it will not only make it easier to incorporate, but it will also make for a smoother texture.
- Freeze the batter before you shape it. Freezing the batter for 15 minutes before you shape it will make it easier to roll the cheesecake bites.
- Experiment with the add-ins. These bites are super versatile, so free free to add in any mix-ins you love. A couple ideas include caramel, crushed Oreos (instead of graham crackers), or dried blueberries or strawberries.
Storing Cheesecake Bites
- Refrigerator: Store leftover cheesecake bites in an airtight container between layers of parchment paper to prevent sticking. They will stay fresh for up to two weeks.
- Freezer: Frozen cheesecake bites are a great way to ensure you always have a sweet treat on hand. To do so, place the cheesecake bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and pop the sheet in the freezer uncovered. Once completely frozen, transfer the bites to a freezer-safe bag or airtight container and store them for up to 4 months. To thaw, place the bites in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Hot Tip: If you’re preparing these bits for a party, serve and store your truffles in pretty, ornamental truffle cups. The kicker? These cute cups also protect the bites’ delicate shape. Now that’s functional beauty!
Do I need to freeze the batter before shaping it?
Yes, you need to freeze the batter for at least 15 minutes before you attempt to roll and shape it. This will help firm up the batter and make it easier to work with.
Can I freeze cheesecake bites?
Yes, you can freeze cheesecake bites. They are an awesome dessert to have on hand for unexpected guests and last minute parties.
Can I use different kinds of chocolate?
Yes, you can use different kinds of chocolate. Feel free to experiment and use milk, white, dark, or semi-sweet chocolate melts.
How long do cheesecake bites last?
When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, cheesecake bites will last up to two weeks.
How do I make graham cracker crumbs?
You can make graham cracker crumbs by pulsing a sleeve of whole graham crackers in a food processor until you get a fine texture. You can also purchase crumbs online or at most grocery stores if you don’t want to prepare them homemade.
Other Tasty Truffles to Try
- Russian Cake Truffles – Spongecake and liqueur truffles
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Truffles – Sweet and salty truffles
- Ferrero Raffaello Candy Recipe – Chocolate hazelnut truffles
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 16 oz chocolate melts
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Using a spatula, combine the softened cream cheese with the graham cracker crumbs.
- Using an ice cream scooper, portion out round pieces of batter, roll them into a ball in your hands, and place them onto a plate. Repeat until you have no truffle batter left. Pop the plate into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the cheesecake bites are freezing, melt the chocolate melts over a steam bath. To do so, set a pot of water to boil and place a bowl on top of it. Pop the melts into the bowl and stir them constantly until smooth, creamy, and melted.
- Using a fork, dip each cheesecake bite into the melted chocolate. Place the chocolate covered pieces on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!