The Zebra Cake has a very exotic look to it and often has people wondering what made the zebra stripes on the inside. The texture of the cake is very moist and has a nice balance of chocolate and white cream flavors. If you follow all of the instruction steps, the cake will turn out perfect and the process simple.
This Zebra Cake makes a great addition to a kid’s birthday, especially if you’re are doing an animal theme party. Kids would be amazed to find such a surprise inside the cake.
How to make the zebra cake stripes
Pour the cake batter into the baking dish at two-spoon increments, while switching out between the two colors. Two spoons of vanilla cake batter, two spoons of chocolate cake batter, two spoons of vanilla cake batter again, etc… Repeat the process, until you run out of batter. This will create a beautiful Zebra Cake.
Other Cake Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
Zebra Sponge Cake
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine softened butter with 3/4 cup of sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together with 1 cup of sugar.
- Add butter to whisked eggs.
- To sour cream, add baking powder and baking soda. Add it all to the cake batter.
- Add flour to the batter. Split batter into two separate bowls, add cacao powder to one of them. Whisk together to combine well.
- Spray a 7 or 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Taking turns, place two tablespoons of each color on top of each other, until you run out of batter, this will create the zebra effect.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes. Use a toothpick to see if the cake is baked.
- Once the cake cools, cut the cake into two slices. The inside of the slices, cover with the whipping cream (about 1/2 a cup of whipping cream). The rest of the whipping cream, whip together with powdered sugar. Apply the cream between the two layers.
- Apply the glaze all over the top of the cake. Decorate as you wish.