Europeans are known for creating all sorts of savory homemade sausages, and chocolate salami just happens to also be up their alley. Chocolate Salami is a traditional Portuguese dessert that soared up all over Europe. We grew up on this dessert because it was simple enough for us as kids to prepare at a very young age.
To personalize and enhance flavors, I have added some Dulce De Leche (cooked condensed milk) to the recipe, it really makes it so much better.
When I host dinners, I like to stick to a single theme; this salami will be our permanent addition to our Italian dinners.
Other Treats to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients for the chocolate salami. Make sure that butter is at room temperature.
- Using a blender or food processor, break biscuit cookies into small pieces. Don’t worry if there are little chunks left over, they will add to the character of the sausages. Add cacao powder, and mix together to combine well.
- To the mixture, add butter, dulce de leche and condensed milk. Mix to combine. Break pecans into smaller chunks, mix it into the mixture.
- Scoop out one cup of mixture onto a prepared plastic wrap or parchment paper. Shape the mixtures into a shape of a log. Wrap it tightly with a wrap.
- Refrigerate sausages for a few hours or freeze it until it hardens.
- Dust with powdered sugar before slicing the sausage.