Kolaczki Cookies are the Polish Holiday cookies. These cookies come out extra flaky with jam in the center, you can use any jam of your choice. And the best part is that it only requires 5 ingredients!
Kolaczki dough is made with butter and cream cheese. This gives that flaky texture to it, which makes them feel crisp and fluffy, like the snow. These cookies add to our list of must-trycookies for yourupcoming holidays.
The cookie dough does require chilling time, so plan accordingly. You can always make this dough the night before and keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to make the recipe. You can also freeze the dough for a few weeks in a ziplock bag.
How to Make Kolaczki
- Whisk butter with cream cheese. Once it’s fluffy, add the flour to the mixture and whisk it in. Begin with slow speed to avoid making a big mess.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and store it in a fridge for at least an hour.
- Roll out the dough and cut it into square shapes. Place the jam in the center and fold over the sides, pinching thecorners together.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. The baking time will depend on the size of the cookies.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack and dust them with powdered sugar.
Other Holiday Cookies to try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients for the cookies. You can use any jam of your choice.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk butter with cream cheese until it turns fluffy.
- To the cookie mixture add in flour and whisk to combine together. Place the dough in a plastic wrap. Let it rest in a fridge for at least an hour.
- Roll out the rested dough and cut it into even squares. Place the jam in the middle and fold over the sides, pinching the corners together.
- Bake cookies at 350F for 15 minutes. Once the cookies cool, dust the Kolaczki Cookies with powdered sugar.