Have you had snow yet? We had right under one inch of it, you can see the proof on Instagram. It’s hilarious that we get so excited here in Seattle for some snow and count every snowflake. Although we don’t have much snow, it has been very cold outside.
With the cold weather outside, we’ve been having a lot of comfort cooking. My husband’s all-time favorite soup, is clam chowder. I have finally figured out a way to master this soup, all in one pot and the process is super easy. It turns out very delicious. Clam chowder lovers – you will make this a staple at your home.
Other Creamy Soup Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare ingredients for the soup. Dice all veggies into small pieces.
- Dice bacon into small pieces. In a medium size pot (about 6 quarts), brown bacon until it turns crispy. Remove bacon from the pot, leaving the fat for further cooking.
- Add diced onions into the same pot where you cooked bacon, and cook for a few minutes, until onions are softened. Add carrots, celery and green onions to the mixture. Cook everything together for a few minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the cooking ingredients, followed by cream cheese and whipping cream.
- Add diced potatoes into the soup and 2-3 quarts of boiling water, depending on consistency you prefer. Season soup with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add in drained clams and let the soup simmer for another 20-30 minutes.
- Add crispy bacon to the soup. Serve it while it's still hot.