Have you had snow yet? We had right under one inch of it, you can see the proof on Instagram. It’s hilarious that we get so excited here in Seattle for some snow and count every snowflake. Although we don’t have much snow, it has been very cold outside.
With the cold weather outside, we’ve been having a lot of comfort cooking. My husband’s all-time favorite soup, is clam chowder. I have finally figured out a way to master this soup, all in one pot and the process is super easy. It turns out very delicious. Clam chowder lovers – you will make this a staple at your home.
Other Creamy Soup Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Dice all the veggies into even-sized pieces.
- Dice bacon into small pieces. In a soup pot or Dutch oven, brown the bacon until it turns crispy. Remove it from the pot and set it aside. Leave the drippings in the pan.
- Add the diced onions into the pot with the bacon drippings and cook them until they soften. Next, add the carrots, celery, and green onions and cook everything together for a few minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the pot, followed by the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream.
- Add the diced potatoes into the soup and 2-3 quarts of boiling water, depending on the consistency and thickness you prefer. Season the soup with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Drain the canned clams of their juices and add them to the soup. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Top each bowl of soup with crispy bacon and enjoy!