My mother used to make dumpling soups and Russian dumpling kasha for us very often.
As I was making dumplings the other day, I decided to keep some in a freezer to make soup later. The soup turned out impressive and simple at the same time. It was almost like having chicken noodle soup, but with really delicious fresh dumplings.
I know soups can get old, so for that reason I wanted to share this recipe with you. It will give you a new option.
Note: For this recipe, you will need to make 1/2 batch of those dumplings . No toppings, just plain old dumplings 😉
Other Dumpling Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare the ingredients. Chop veggies. Cut the chicken thighs in to bite-sized pieces.
- In a soup pot with oil, sauté the onion and carrots until lightly golden.
- Add the water, Better than Bouillon broth concentrate, and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Add the diced chicken and let the soup simmer until it's fully cooked, for about 20 minutes.
- Add in the dumplings and simmer until they float to the top.
- Add potatoes to the soup pot and simmer until they are easily pierced with a fork. Add in the diced green onion and remove the soup from heat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!