My mother used to make dumpling soups and Russian dumpling kasha for us very often.
As I was making dumplings the other day, I decided to keep some in a freezer to make soup later. The soup turned out impressive and simple at the same time. It was almost like having chicken noodle soup, but with really delicious fresh dumplings.
I know soups can get old, so for that reason I wanted to share this recipe with you. It will give you a new option.
Note: For this recipe, you will need to make 1/2 batch of those dumplings . No toppings, just plain old dumplings 😉
Other Dumpling Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare ingredients for the soup. Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Dice onion into tiny cubes and grate carrot. Sauté onion on an oiled skilled until golden brown. Add in carrots and cook until softened.
- Place cooked ingredients into a pot. Add boiled water. Add in Better than Bullion and season with salt to taste. Add chicken to the ingredients and let it simmer until the chicken is fully cooked. Add in dumplings, cook until they begin floating to the top.
- Clean and dice potatoes into small pieces. Add it to the soup and simmer until potatoes are fully cooked. Add in diced green onions and remove from the heat.
- Serve soup while it's still warm or reheat before serving.