This is my grandma’s recipe and I remember when in childhood I would come over on cold winter day and she would feed me this yummy soup. I wonder if they made it this way back in the days because they had no noodles.
When we got married (my husband is Russian), my mom offered him“печенья”(means cookie in Russina) when she served him soup he was shocked and called us Ukrainians weird lol… But when he tried it he fell in love with it. I chose not to make this soup at our home because I wanted this to be my mom’s special treat, but recently decided to learn how to make it, just so I can share the recipe with you.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Cook ribs in water for about 15 minutes. Remove them from water and rinse ribs. Starting with 3 quarts of new water, add ribs and bay leaves. Salt water to taste. Bring water to boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Add flour into yolks, mix in all the flour well. By breaking away small pieces of dough mixture add into boiling water. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Pour in egg whites and at the same time mix water to spread out whites all over the water. Let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Sautée your carrots, onions, with oil. Sautée until vegetables are soft and golden brown. Add to all coking ingredient.
- Add dill and let soup cook on low heat for another 5 minutes to absorb all flavors together.