These Whipped Shortbread Cookies are buttery, light and tender. They’re so easy and simple to make, that it requires only 4 ingredients that most of you already have.
These cookies are the staple holiday cookies to make. The finished product can be very versatile. You can finish them off being chocolate dipped or just covered with sprinkles.
Whipped Shortbread Cookies can be made in advance and frozen for up to 2 months. Store cookies in a sealed air tight container or a ziplock bag; this will keep out the freezer smell from the cookies.
How To Make Whipped Shortbread Cookies?
- Prepare ingredients ahead of time.
- In a mixing bowl combine together flour, cornstarch, sugar and unsalted butter.
- Starting on low speed setting, whisk to combine. Turn up the speed on high and whisk for about 10 minutes, until the dough is light and fluffy.
- Using an ice cream scoop, form cookies and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- If you wish to decorate the cookies. Flatten the tops a little and add some sprinkles to the cookies.
- Bake the shortbread cookies at 300F, for 20-25 minutes. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Other Christmas Cookies to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- First of all, combine together butter, flour, cornstarch and sugar. Whisk for at least 10 minutes, until you get a very airy, fluffy cookie dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop, form cookies and place them on a lined baking sheet. If you wish, add sprinkles to the tops of the cookies.
- Finally, bake cookies at 300F for about 20-25 minutes, until the bottoms are slightly brown. Let the cookies rest for about 5 minutes before serving.