In our family, we eat a lot of fruits and veggies. We love them and I have to restock every few days. But one thing that I have been trying to add, is more protein. This chicken dish came out of need for more protein. The flavors were right on, it’s light in calories, simple and quick to prepare. Tim, my hubby, loved it and asked me to be sure to pack leftover for his work lunch.
Veggies in this dish are versatile, so you can go ahead and adjust them to your liking.
I am using an OXO pot in this dish, it heats like magic and holds the heat really well. Love it, it just recently came out so you guys can be one of the first to purchase it.
Other Asparagus Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare ingredients for the dish. I used chicken tenders, I find them more moist and flavorful.
- Cut chicken into one inch cubes. Brown chicken on a preheated oiled pan. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Dice mushrooms, onion and asparagus into larger chunks.
- Brown mushrooms together with onion, season it with salt and pepper. Stir asparagus into the mix, let it cook for two minutes.
- Stir chicken into the cooking mix. Press in garlic and lime juice. Add any other seasoning if necessary.
- Let it cook for about five minutes, remove from heat. Serve it while it's hot.