We eat a lot of delicious, baked goods around the holidays. It’s one of the favoring parts of it. But during the weekdays, I try to give myself a break with a healthier dish. Braised veggies are always my favorite way to go, they fill you up for hours and feel light on the stomach.
I’ve learned a trick from my mother-in-law, you don’t need to have a lot of different spices when you are making this dish. Butter is the key ingredient, it will make the flavors dance in your mouth.
Other Cabbage Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all the ingredients for this dish.
- Cut chicken into two inch pieces. Place chicken and a table spoon of butter in a cooking pot.
- Add diced mushrooms into the cooking ingredients, cook until mushrooms are softened. Add onions and carrots, and cook for a few minutes, until veggies are softened.
- Stir in diced zucchini.
- Stir shredded cabbage into the cooking ingredients. Season the dish with salt, add remaining butter and let it cook for 5-10 minutes, until all ingredients are softened.
- Serve while the dish is still hot.