This sheet pan sausage and veggies recipe features spicy sausage, potatoes, & veggies roasted to perfection. Perfect for quick weeknight dinners & meal prep!
Sheet pan dinners come in so handy on those hectic weeknights when cooking feels like such a chore. In this recipe, you get all the flavors of a Cajun seafood bake in a fraction of the time and with minimal effort (hello, less dishes!). The combination of sausage, shrimp, potatoes, and bell peppers hits the spot each and every time.
How to Make Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
Making this simple sheet pan sausage and veggies only requires 7 ingredients and some very minimal prep.
- Slice the Veggies & Sausage: Slice the onions, bell peppers, and potatoes into chunks. Next, slice the andouille sausage into small rings.
- Season the Ingredients: In a large bowl, drizzle the veggies and sausage with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and toss them with your favorite seasoning salt (Cajun varieties work best!).
- Bake the Veggies & Sausage: Spread the seasoned veggies and sausage across the baking sheet. Spread the veggies and sausage across the baking sheet evenly. Bakes at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Toss in the Shrimp: Next, season the shrimp and spread it across the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Handy Tips & Tricks
A couple of handy tips and tricks will help you nail this easy sheet pan dinner.
- Slice the veggies into similar-sized pieces. To promote even cooking, slice up the veggies into evenly-sized pieces.
- Lay the ingredients out in a single layer. To make sure all the ingredients get equal attention from the heat of the oven, assemble them in a single layer across the baking sheet.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Prevent the veggies from sticking to the baking sheet by lining it with a little parchment paper. This will also make for easier clean up!
Tweak this easy sheet pan meal to make it your very own.
- Use your favorite sausage. You can use chicken sausage, turkey sausage, beef sausage, or pork sausage – whatever you like best! Andouille and kielbasa are the best types to use for this recipe.
- Add in different veggies. Feel free to add in whatever veggies you have hanging out in your fridge. Brussels sprouts, broccoli florets, carrots, zucchini, garlic cloves, and yellow squash are all great options.
- Swap in sweet potatoes. Trade the potatoes out for sweet potatoes for a sweet and salty sheet pan dinner.
- Sprinkle on some cheese. Add on some freshly shaved parmesan cheese before serving.
- Spice it up. If you like it spicy, toss the veggies and sausage in some red pepper flakes.
Ways to Serve Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
Serve the sheet pan sausage and veggies as a meal on their own or pair them with gooey and garlicky cheesy bread. You can also serve the sausage and veggies spooned on top of steamed white rice or quinoa.
Storing Leftover Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
To keep the meal fresh for up to a week, store it in an airtight container in the fridge. To reheat, microwave the sausage and veggies for 1-2 minutes or sauté them in a hot skillet with a little oil or butter until warmed through.
Can you use frozen shrimp?
It’s best to use raw shrimp. If you only have frozen shrimp on hand, allow it to completely thaw before baking it.
Can you add any herbs to the dish?
Dried oregano, basil, and parsley are all great options.
Should you flip the veggies and sausage halfway through baking?
No, there’s no need to flip the ingredients halfway through baking.
More Easy Dinner Recipes to Try
- One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes – Simple roasted chicken and potatoes
- Creamy Cauliflower Rice with Chicken – Low-carb chicken and rice dinner
- Easy Roasted Cod and Potatoes Recipe (One-Pan) – Simple buttery cod and potatoes
- Baked Steak with Vegetables – Tender steak and veggie sheet pan meal
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 lb andouille sausage
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt adjust to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut up the veggies into similar-sized pieces and the sausage into small rings.
- Toss the veggies and sausage with olive oil and seasoning salt.
- Spread the veggies and sausage across the lined baking sheet evenly.
- Bake the veggies at 400°F until they're still a bit firm (about 15 minutes). Season the shrimp and spread them evenly across the baking sheet.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink. Enjoy!