Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are juicy on the inside and extra crispy on the outside. The bonus? They are super simple to make and only require 3 ingredients.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are a busy weeknight staple in our home. When you barely have time to think, this chicken thighs recipe will come to the rescue in under 30 minutes.
While your chicken is crisping to perfection in your air fryer, whip up my fresh Cucumber Salad, Roasted Veggies, or Mashed Potatoes.
The wonderful thing about air fryer chicken recipes is that they come together in a fraction of the cooking time. Once you throw together a quick side, you’ve got a healthy and tasty dinner in under 30 minutes. Say goodbye to fast food!
How to Cook Thighs In The Air Fryer
- Trim and season your chicken.
- Place chicken thighs in the air fryer basket skin-up.
- Air fry the chicken at 380°F for about 25 minutes.
Tips for Shortcuts
Haven’t used an air fryer too much? Here are some tips and tricks that will make you a master of your new favorite appliance:
- Cut Off Extra Fat – Remove any and all excess fat to speed up the cooking process.
- Reheat Using An Air Fryer – Have leftover chicken thighs? Reheat them in the air fryer for a couple of minutes and they will come right back to life.
- Leave The Skin On – The air fryer makes chicken skin so, so, so crispy. You’re truly missing out if you choose to remove it!
- Don’t Over Crowd – Air fryers work by circulating extremely hot air around the surface of your food. Therefore, it’s best to leave some space around the chicken for maximum crispiness.
- Adjust The Seasoning – Have a favorite chicken seasoning blend? Use it! This recipe is as versatile as it gets.
- Let Your Chicken Sit at Room Temp – Don’t pop super cold chicken right into the air fryer. Let it sit on the counter for 15-20 minutes to bring the temperature a bit. Shocking cold chicken in a hot air fryer can cause uneven cooking.
How Long Do You Air Fry Chicken?
Air fry the chicken at 380°F for about 25 minutes. Cooking time depends on the size and thickness of your thighs. Be prepared for it to vary a couple minutes in either direction.
Cooked chicken will have an internal temperature of 165F. To take the guesswork out of gauging doneness, invest in a meat thermometer. This will come in especially handy for those who are not accustom to just how quickly an air fryer works!
Storing Your Leftovers
Meal prepping is life and these air fryer chicken thighs are the perfect protein to cook in large batches. To store your leftovers in the refrigerator, place them in an airtight container. They should stay fresh for up to a week.
Freeze your leftovers by popping them into a freezer-safe plastic bag. They should keep in the freezer for up to three months.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes – Loved baked potatoes but hate waiting an hour for them to be perfectly cooked in the oven? This recipe cuts it down to 30 minutes!
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod – Skip the fat and keep the crunch on this perfectly fried cod.
- Crispy Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp – A sweet and salty favorite. Serve it as an appetizer at your next dinner party.
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs (Crispy and Juicy) – Fried chicken without the guilt. What more is there to say?
What Air Fryer Should I Use?
In the market for an air fryer but feeling overwhelmed with all the options? Here are a couple that I’ve used and loved:
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic parsley salt
- Trim off any excess fat and gristle from your chicken. Season chicken with garlic parsley salt and paprika.
- Place chicken thighs in the air fryer basket with the skin-side facing up.
- Air fry the chicken at 380°F for about 25 minutes. Be aware that the cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your thighs. The internal temperature of the cooked chicken should read 165°F.
Thank you for a recipe that you
Don’t need to flip at half way lol
This is easy delicious crunchy
Skin start air fryer wait for beep
Your recipes are easy not rocket
Science in kitchen
Thanks again for sharing awesome
Hi Aeil, I am so glad to hear that you love this recipe! Enjoy!
Could you use skinless boneless chicken? I imagine you would adjust the cooking time. Thoughts?
Hi Missy, I actually have an air-fryer chicken breast recipe. I will link it for you here. https://momsdish.com/air-frye… Enjoy!!
We tried this tonight and it's oh so amazing!! Thank you for sharing this
Hi Barbra, I am so thrilled to hear that you loved the recipe! Thank you for the feedback. Enjoy!
Are these boneless?
Hey Cheryl- these chicken thighs are bone-in.
I used a pre-mixed blend of seasonings, but the method of cooking was absolutely perfect. Crispy, juicy chicken thighs and couldn't be easier to make!
This made my day! So happy you have tried this recipe, one of my favorites as well.
I loved the flavor, next time I am going to add some red pepper flakes to give it some kick.
That is a great idea, thank you for sharing that!
Can I cook this chicken on the stove or oven since I don't have a air fryer?
Hi, here is a recipe for oven-baked chicken thighs: https://momsdish.com/baked-ch…
Insane sodium numbers?
Hey, Sodium is coming from salt. You can reduce the amount of salt, it will help to reduce sodium.
This is the perfect alternative to fried chicken. Such great flavor!
I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe.
The best chicken ever!
John I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe, thanks for sharing.
Yum! These are so flavorful and delicious! And so insanely easy! Love these!
Yes this is the best chicken, perfect for any meal.
Yummy! These look so delicious and crispy! I can't wait to give these a try! My family is going to love them!
Beth, I think you will love them. They are super easy to make and pair well with anything.