This Air Fryer Chicken Breast comes together in just minutes. It is so juicy and tender on the inside while crispy on the outside. A huge plus, it is SOOO good for you!
You all know how much we love our Air Fryer and this chicken breast recipe has been our go-to for meal prepping or a quick dinner. It literally takes under 30 minutes to prepare and the flavor is insane!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Making chicken in the air fryer is so easy. Just season the chicken, add to the air fryer, and cook! Delicious, tender chicken in just 15 minutes.
- Preheat the Air Fryer – If your air fryer has a preheat function, you can select that or you can let the air fryer run for a few minutes to warm up.
- Prep the Chicken – Coat the chicken breasts with the oil and seasoning. Make sure to coat both sides.
- Air Fry – Add the seasoned chicken breasts to the preheated air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for 5-8 more minutes until the chicken is fully cooked (165°F).
Serving Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Air Fryer chicken breast is an easy protein that pairs well with so many sides.
Try serving it with a big, green salad either by chopping up the chicken and adding or serving on the side. Our favorite salads to add chicken to are this homemade caesar salad and ultimate garden salad.
For a large, filling meal you can make your favorite veggies or grains to pair with the chicken. We love making this oven roasted asparagus or roasted cauliflower steaks. For some filling grains and potatoes try these crispy smashed potatoes or oven roasted potatoes that only use 3 ingredients.
Variation Of Air Fryer Chicken Breast
It is easy to mix up this recipe by switching out the seasoning of the chicken. Try using taco seasoning to make delicious chicken for taco salads or chicken tacos. You can also use whatever your go-to favorite chicken seasoning is. If you have the time, try brining the chicken for a few days to really make the chicken tender and juicy.
Can you put raw chicken in an air fryer?
You can put raw chicken in the air fryer. The air fryer does a great job at cooking all cuts of chicken. The results are crispy, juicy, and tender.
Why is my chicken dry in air fryer?
To keep the chicken from getting dry in the air fryer, it’s important to not overcook it. Use a thermometer to measure the internal temperature. The internal temp of chicken should be 165°F.
How long do you cook chicken breasts in an air fryer?
It takes 15-20 minutes to cook chicken breasts in an air fryer. Keep in mind that the cook time will vary based on the size of the chicken breast and whether the breasts are bone-in or boneless. Use the internal temperature as the guide to knowing when the chicken is done.
Should I marinate or brine chicken before air frying?
You do not need to marinate or brine chicken before air frying, but you can. It’s completely optional. If you have the extra time, using a marinade or brine is a great way to add extra flavor to the chicken.
Making Air Fryer Chicken Breast in Adance
Cooked Chicken Breast is an incredible meal planning or meal prep option. It’s so versatile and reheats well. Here is how to store the leftover chicken:
- Refrigerating – Leftover cooked chicken breast keeps fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days. Allow the chicken to cool before storing in an airtight container.
- Freezing – You can freeze leftover chicken breast for up to 2 months. Store in a freezer bag or airtight container.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Salmon – under 15 minutes to cook and has the best crust.
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – only 3 ingredients are needed and the chicken is so juicy.
- Air Fryer Baked Potato – perfect, crispy baked potatoes every time!
- Air Fryer Pork Chops – a versatile protein made in under 20 minutes.
- Air Fryer Cod – far healthier than fried fish, but still super crispy.
Tools you will Need for this Recipe
Cosori Air Fryer – this is our new favorite air fryer that we have been using. I love the quality of the air fryer and the size is great for a family of four.
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast (two or three chicken breasts)
- 1 tbsp 21 Seasoning Salute Trader Joe's (or any other chickne seasoning)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F. Coat all sides of the chicken breast with oil and seasoning.
- Place the chicken into the air fryer, leaving space in between each one. Air Fry for 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and air fry again for 5-8 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Enjoy!
I just got the 4 quart Power XL Vortex Pro..
This has a "shelf" that holds food up higher than the bottom.
Should I try to put all chicken on the lower or upper "shelf" level, or split between the two?
This would be my first try at cooking anything in this.
Hi Scott, all air fryers are different. I think you will have to play around with it in the beginning to see how it works best. With chicken, I would say space it out either way to make sure every piece cooks evenly. Hope this helps. Good luck with your new air fryer! You're going to love it.
OK, let's say I have 3 breasts, but they are too tight for one level. Would two on one level and one on the other level work? Or would the one on the bottom not cook the same as the ones on the upper level. Thanks!
Hey Scott, I think your air fryer would have a book that give recommendations. Or you can watch it for about 2-3 minutes and see how it cooks. I only have used a basket air fryer, not 100% sure how others work.
OK, you say to preheat to 380.
How long do you preheat and do you leave it at that temp for the whole cooking time?
Hi Scott! Thank you for that question, You would preheat the air fryer until it gets to 380. When it does, you can go ahead and cook the chicken at the same temperature of 380. I appreciate you reaching out. Good luck and enjoy!
Tyvm loved it!
Hi Irene, I am so delighted to hear that! Enjoy!
So easy and so delicious!!! Thank you so much for all of your recipes!
You're welcome! Glad you are enjoying them 🙂
Chicken is my go-to & this chicken is perfect for so many recipes! It's flavorful, crisp, & so good!
Yes, it pairs so well with basically everything.
Wow! So easy and turned out deliciously juicy!
Yep!! Perfect to add to anythhing!