Baked Chicken Thighs are great for an effortless weeknight dinner. They are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. All you need is a few ingredients, 30 minutes, and you have the perfect dinner.
If you have an instant pot and want to speed up this process, try this instant pot chicken thigh recipe.
Baked Chicken Thighs are a favorite with my entire family! Especially on a busy school/work night when we are scrambling to make dinner. The most amazing part about this chicken recipe is that it’s one pan, very hands-off, and only 4 ingredients. I call that a win!
How to Make Baked Chicken Thighs
- Season Chicken Thighs – Pat dry the bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and season with the spices.
- Bake the Chicken – Add the dried and seasoned thighs to a baking dish and bake in the preheated oven. Drain some of the excess juice toward the end of cooking. The chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Garnish and Serve – Sprinkle with your favorite chopped herbs and enjoy!
Hot Tip: Make sure to pat dry the chicken thighs. This helps give you that crispy skin.
How Long to Bake Chicken Thighs?
You can easily speed up or slow down the bake time. With a higher temperature, the chicken will be crispier on the outside while a lower temperature will result in juicier and more tender chicken.
See some cook time estimates below. Keep in mind that the cook time will vary depending on the size of the chicken thighs, so always cook the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Baking at 350°F – 35-40 minutes
- Baking at 375°F – 30-35 minutes
- Baking at 400°F – 25-30 minutes
Do you need to flip chicken thighs when baking?
You do not need to flip the chicken thighs when baking. Bake the chicken thighs skin side up so the skin gets crispy.
Can you use boneless skinless chicken thighs?
Yes, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs, but you will need to reduce baking time by about 10 minutes and check the internal temperature to make sure the chicken is 165°F.
How to reheat chicken things?
The best way to reheat chicken is in the oven. Cook the leftover chicken at 325°F until the chicken is warmed through.
Do you bake chicken covered or uncovered?
The chicken should be baked uncovered. By keeping the chicken thighs uncovered, it helps crisp up the skin. Covering the chicken would cause steam which would result in less crispy chicken.
Serving Baked Chicken Thighs
Baked chicken thighs can be served with a variety of sides to make a full meal. Try serving with roasted potatoes and Air Fryer Asparagus for a hearty, comforting meal. Or serve with a large, leafy Garden Salad or Caesar Salad.
More of Chicken Recipes
- Baked Chicken Legs – only 10 minutes of prep and kid-friendly.
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – it’s juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast – a 30-minute weeknight dinner that is super impressive.
- Roasted Chicken & Potatoes – a complete sheet pan meal with only a little prep.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Pat dry the chicken thighs with a paper towel.
- Season the chicken with garlic parsley salt, pepper, and paprika. Add the seasoned chicken thighs to an oven safe pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Toward the end of cooking you can drain some of the juice from the pan to make the thighs extra crispy.
- Garnish with your favorite herbs and serve immediately.