The first desert I ever made, was actually a roll. It was when I was engaged to my hubby and we were going out with his family. Everyone was impressed by the roll, while I was stressing, hoping it tastes OK 🙂 Our culture almost required that a bride knew how to cook.
Making this type of a roll is very simple. This roll can be served literally right away. It tastes very light, sweet, with a nice raspberry flavor.
Other Chocolate Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1/2 qt Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cacao Powder
- Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat over to 350F. Prepare ingredients for the cake.
- Whisk eggs together with sugar until it doubles in volume.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and cacao together.
- By thirds, using spatula, fold flour into the egg mixture. Be careful not to over-mix the dough.
- Spread the dough into the lined baking sheet, 10″ X 15″ is a perfect size. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, place a kitchen towel over the cake. Roll up the shorter side, making it into a long roll.
- Let roll cool to room temperature. Remove towel and parchment paper.
Filling & Topping
- Unroll the cake and spread the mashed raspberries over the cake. Let the mixture soak for a few minutes while you work on the cream.
- Whip powdered sugar together with cacao and heavy whip cream. Make sure the bowl and whip cream is very cold, it will make the cream firm.
- Spread a thick layer of cream over the raspberries. Roll the cake back into the roll.
- Cover the top with cream, decorate with some raspberries, chocolate or cacao.
- Keep it refrigerated before serving.