My husband’s aunt is such an inspiration. When we just got married I had no clue how to cook and she would always treat us to this yummy dishes. I would always think to myself, I wish I can cook like her. Last week we got to spend some times with her family and she made huge feast of food, all kinds of salads and many fish dishes. I got few recipes from her, this is one of them.
This recipe makes large portion of marinated beets. Great for those unexpected guest or even when you are lazy to cook, this way you can still eat healthy. I am huge fan of this salad and the fact that beets are good for you makes it even better.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Rinse beets, wrap in foil bake at 300F for 2.5 hours. You can also cook them in water; it would take about 45 minutes. I wanted to try baking them to save all vitamins.
- Let beets cool down. I suggest using gloves to peel beets. Grate beets on the larger size of the grater.
- Make marinade in large pot. Mix together water, oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Place on stove top, cook until simmers.
- Place onions and red bell pepper in the marinade and cook for 10 minutes. Add beets and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Let all ingredients cool down, place them in jars(or any other dish). Keep refrigerated.