Turkey Lettuce Wraps are perfect for a weeknight meal. They make light, feel-good dinners, while being easy to prepare. Need a low-carb diet? We got you covered! These wraps are a great way to skip out on carbs while providing a delicious, quick meal.
Turkey Lettuce Wraps are always a hit in our house! We love to eat lighter meals during the week and these wraps fit the bill. They are the perfect lighter meal because they are not only low-carb, but super filling!
Turkey is one of my favorite lean proteins. I love that it is both low fat and high in protein. Turkey also has a mild flavor that easily pairs and adapts to many ingredients.
How to Make Turkey Lettuce Wrap
Making healthy turkey lettuce wraps couldn’t be easier! The turkey filling is made in just one pan for easy cleanup. The entire meal comes together in 30 minutes or less. Here are the quick and easy steps to make the Turkey Lettuce Wrap:
- Make Ground Turkey Filling: Heat a large, deep skillet over medium with oil. Once hot, add diced onion, and cook until soft and translucent, then add ground turkey. Cook and crumble the turkey. Add garlic, diced bell pepper and spices. Cook for another minute or two until the garlic is fragrant and the spices are combined.
- Prep Lettuce Wrap Ingredients: Dice the avocado into small cubes. Chop herbs into small pieces.
- Serve Lettuce Wraps: Serve the lettuce wraps by spooning the turkey mixture into lettuce cups and top with the bell pepper and avocado. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and enjoy!
Serving Turkey Lettuce Wrap
Lettuce wraps are so versatile with endless variations. Our family likes a simple topping of bell peppers, avocado and the flavors of cooked onion and garlic. Here are some other creative ways you can serve your lettuce wraps:
- Spice it Up: Try topping the wraps with pickled onions and pickled jalapeños for an extra bite.
- Add Different Spices: Experiment with your favorite spices for a stronger flavor, such as smoked paprika, dried herbs (like parsley) and oregano, or even red pepper flakes for that kick!
- Give it a Taco Flair: Add taco seasoning to the ground turkey filling, and add a fresh pico de gallo to your toppings.
- Drizzle on a Sauce: If you love spice, drizzle this adjika (spicy sauce) on top of the wraps. For an extra herby flavor, try this quick and easy chimichurri sauce.
What’s the best lettuce for lettuce wraps?
A head of iceberg lettuce is a great choice for lettuce wraps! It is super crunchy and has large leaves which make it great to fill. Romaine lettuce and butter lettuce are two other popular options.
Can you replace ground turkey with chicken or beef?
You can replace the ground turkey with ground chicken or beef. Make sure you use lean ground meat (or drain and discard the excess fat). Otherwise, any ground meat will work for this lettuce wrap recipe.
How do you crisp lettuce for lettuce wraps?
To crisp lettuce for lettuce wraps, start by buying a fresh head of lettuce that does not have many wilted or discolored leaves. Store the lettuce in the fridge until ready to serve, to help maintain its crispness. When washing the lettuce, use cold water to rinse to help keep it fresh and crunchy.
How do you make lettuce wraps that don’t fall apart?
There are a couple of tips to making lettuce wraps that don’t fall apart. First, pick large lettuce leaves that are intact without any tears. Second, try layering two pieces of lettuce on top of each other. Layering the lettuce gives a sturdier and more stable cup to hold the filling.
How to cut lettuce for lettuce wraps?
To cut lettuce for lettuce wraps, you want the leaves to be large to hold the filling. Leave the head of lettuce intact, and trim off the root end. Peel and discard any of the wilted outer leaves. Carefully peel away the lettuce leaves, so you’re left with a stack of large leaves. Make sure to thoroughly rinse the lettuce leaves to remove any dirt, and pat dry with a towel before filling.
More of Healthy Recipes
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers – A delicious, low-carb dinner with the flavors of a classic Philly Cheesesteak.
- Zucchini Ravioli Recipe – Made with simple ingredients, but packed with flavor. This low-carb and gluten-free dinner will be a favorite!
- Stuffed Bell Peppers – Loaded with flavorful veggies, beef, and buckwheat. These stuffed peppers are super filling and satisfying!
- Low-Carb Chicken – This creamy chicken dinner is low-carb, made in under 30 minutes, and only uses one pan!
Share Some Love ❤️
- Preheat a deep skillet over medium heat with oil. Add the diced onions, and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add ground turkey to the onions and crumble while it's cooking. Mix in the garlic, bell pepper and season with chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dice the avocado into small pieces and finely dice the bell pepper.
- Spoon the cooked ground turkey on a lettuce leaf. Top it with bell pepper and avocado. Sprinkle on fresh herbs and enjoy!