Pickled onions can add incredible flavors to any dish. We like to use them in salads, tacos and as side dishes.
I tried the pickled onions for the first time years ago on our trip to Knoxville, TN, visiting Tim’s family. Since then, I had the passion to share it with all of you. Years later, the recipe finally made it here. Hope you love the recipe as much as we do!
Serve Pickled Onions With
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 large Red Onion
- 1 cup Luke Warm Water
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- Prepare the ingredients for the recipe.
- Prepare the marinade for the onions by placing everything in a separate jar. Stir to combine until salt and sugar dissolves.
- Slice onions into half rings. Break them apart and place them into the jar.
- Pour marinade over the onions, make sure they are fully covered. Seal the jar and refrigerate.
- They're best after one or two days.