Looking for a simple crab stuffed mushrooms recipe? This recipe leaves you with an amazing tasting appetizer that can be used as party food or for dinner.
Another easy appetizer I often serve with these stuffed mushrooms are my Fillo Shells Mushroom Appetizers.
These crab stuffed mushrooms have remained one of my most reliable recipes for years. They always garner a bunch of compliments and I have witnessed them turn “mushroom-haters” into “mushroom-believers”. In fact, this recipe is what made me fall in love with mushrooms!
Whether you are preparing food for a holiday gathering or bringing a dish to a potluck, these crab stuffed mushrooms are sure to please. Bring them raw and cook them up in the host’s oven when you arrive for the freshest and meltiest mushrooms possible!
Variations to Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms
- Grab Portobello Mushroom Caps – they are much larger and make easily for dinner
- Replace the crab meat with lobster or shrimp
- If serving for a dinner party, top off the seafood stuffed mushrooms with fresh parsley after they’ve baked for a finished look before serving!
Ingredients for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- White Mushrooms
- Crab Meat
- Garlic Cloves
- Green Onions
- Mexican Cheese
Cheese to Use for Stuffed Mushrooms
I like to use a Mexican blend cheese, but mozzarella works great as well. If you have a bit of parmesan on hand, add it to the mix for a nice nutty flavor. You could also use cream cheese to make the filling more creamy.
How to Make Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Prepare to make this recipe by reading over the printable option below, and gathering all ingredients together to save time. You will need to clean your mushrooms first. I prefer to simply use a damp paper towel to do this, as submerging the mushrooms can lead to them being too wet and mushy later.
Once your mushrooms have been cleaned and the stems removed, you will prep and combine the ingredients for the stuffing. Stuff each mushroom generously and place on a baking sheet. Cook as directed and serve hot.
Storing Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Crab stuffed mushrooms can be made ahead of time to make your life easier. Here are some tips on how to store and reheat them:
Uncooked Stuffed Mushrooms
I like to prepare my mushrooms completely ahead of time to save myself stress. Just make sure you keep the stuffing separate from the mushrooms until you are ready to bake them. This will prevent them from becoming soggy. Once again, they are best served straight out of the oven when the cheese is melty!
Freezing Stuffed Mushrooms
I know some of you out there are just as obsessed with freezing food for later as I am, but these mushrooms are not the best candidate for the freezer. The texture will become mushy when you reheat them and it will be hard to get that top layer of crispiness. It’s best just to serve these bad boys fresh!
Other Similar Recipes to Try:
- Mushroom Appetizer
- Crab Mushroom Canapés
- Mushroom Bell Pepper Canapes
- Russian Crab Salad Recipe
- Sushi with Crab and Cream Cheese
Share Some Love ❤️
- 30 large white mushrooms
- 1 lb crab meat
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 lb grated cheese mozzarella or Mexican cheese
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Wipe mushrooms clean and remove the stems.
- Dice onion and crab meat into tiny pieces. Press garlic and grate cheese.
- Combine all ingredients together with mayonnaise.
- Stuff mushrooms with the mixture, placing them on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Bake them for about 20 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown. Serve hot.