These mushroom bell pepper canapes are great for hosting. The combination of cream cheese and sauteed veggies makes for the perfect bite!
Canapes make a great dinner snack, especially when you’re hosting a party. They are hard to stop at the first or the second one, but the same time they are pretty much guilt-free. We had a tray of them sitting in our fridge for snacking, and by the end of the day, they were all gone.
A thinly sliced bread, topped with some garlicky cream cheese and loaded with veggies, makes a very good combination of flavors. You can double up on the recipe, and keep it refrigerated until you start craving again.
Other Canapes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Dice the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Sauté the mushrooms on a hot skillet until they soften. As they cook, season them with salt. Remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Slice bell peppers into half rings and sauté them on the hot skillet until they are softened. Remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Cut the onion into half rings and sauté them the same skillet until softened. Add cooked mushrooms and bell peppers into the cooking mixture and season them with salt.
- Slice the baguette into your desired thickness (about 1/3 of an inch is good).
- In a small bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with pressed garlic. Spread a spoonful of cream cheese onto each bread slice.
- Top each bread slice with the sautéed vegetable mixture and garnish with grated parmesan. Serve cold or warm. Enjoy!