These mushroom bell pepper canapes are great for hosting. The combination of cream cheese and sauteed veggies makes for the perfect bite!
Canapes make a great dinner snack, especially when you’re hosting a party. They are hard to stop at the first or the second one, but the same time they are pretty much guilt-free. We had a tray of them sitting in our fridge for snacking, and by the end of the day, they were all gone.
A thinly sliced bread, topped with some garlicky cream cheese and loaded with veggies, makes a very good combination of flavors. You can double up on the recipe, and keep it refrigerated until you start craving again.
Other Canapes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Dice mushrooms into small slices.
- Saute mushrooms on a hot skillet, until they are softened, as they cook, season mushrooms with salt. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Slice bell peppers into half rings and saute them on a hot skillet until they are softened. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Cut onion into half rings, in the same skillet, saute onion until softened. Add cooked mushrooms and bell peppers into the cooking mixture, season with salt.
- Slice baguette into a thickness you prefer, mine were about 1/3 of an inch.
- In am small bowl, combine cream cheese with pressed garlic. Apply a spoonful of cream cheese onto the prepared bread slices.
- Top each bread slice with cooked vegetable mixture and garnish with some grated parmesan. This canapes can be served cold or warm.