Traditional Russian Vinaigrette Salad, aka Russian Beet Salad, is made with root-vegetables, dressed with sunflower oil. It’s healthy, guilt-free, perfect year-round, but especially during the Holidays.
How To Make The Russian Vinaigrette Salad?
- Cook vegetable by boiling them. Let them cool to a room temperature.
- Clean the vegetable and cut them into cubes. Add in oil and season.
Tips for Making Russian Beet Salad with Pickles:
- All ingredients for the can be cooked ahead of time for the Russian vinaigrette salad.
- Often times sauerkraut is also added to the salad, it can add an extra tang.
- Use a vegetable chopper to make the process much quicker.
Other Russian Salad Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
Traditional Russian vinaigrette salad, aka Russian beet salad, is made with root vegetables and dressed with sunflower oil. It's healthy, guilt-free, and perfect year-round, although it's typically served during the holidays.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add in carrots, potatoes, and beets. Boil for 30 minutes, or until you can pierce the veggies easily with a fork. Drain the veggies and set them aside to cool at room temperature.Note: Potatoes and carrots typically cook faster than beets. You may need to remove them a little early.
- Remove the skin from the potatoes, beets, and carrots.
- Dice the veggies into small cubes.
- Stir the veggies to combine and season with salt and oil to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Russian Vinaigrette Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Vitamin A 3918IU78%
Vitamin C 4mg5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.