Traditional Russian Vinaigrette Salad, aka Russian Beet Salad, is made with root-vegetables, dressed with sunflower oil. It’s healthy, guilt-free, perfect year-round, but especially during the Holidays.
How To Make The Russian Vinaigrette Salad?
- Cook vegetable by boiling them. Let them cool to a room temperature.
- Clean the vegetable and cut them into cubes. Add in oil and season.
Tips for Making Russian Beet Salad with Pickles:
- All ingredients for the can be cooked ahead of time for the Russian vinaigrette salad.
- Often times sauerkraut is also added to the salad, it can add an extra tang.
- Use a vegetable chopper to make the process much quicker.
Other Russian Salad Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
Traditional Russian Vinaigrette Salad, aka Russian Beet Salad, is made with root-vegetables, dressed with sunflower oil. It's healthy, guilt-free, perfect year-round, but especially during the Holidays.
- Prepare all ingredients for the Russian Beet Salad.
- Boil carrots, potatoes and beets together. Boil for about 30 minutes, check if they’re cooked by poking with a fork. Potatoes and carrots typically cook faster than beets. Remove from water, place them to cool to a room temperature.
- Clean all vegetables, dice them into small cubes.
- Mix all vegetables together, season with salt and oil. Salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 86 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 5230IU105%
Vitamin C 13.8mg17%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.