Traditional Russian Vinaigrette Salad, aka Russian Beet Salad, is made with root-vegetables, dressed with sunflower oil. It’s healthy, guilt-free, perfect year-round, but especially during the Holidays.
How To Make The Russian Vinaigrette Salad?
- Cook vegetable by boiling them. Let them cool to a room temperature.
- Clean the vegetable and cut them into cubes. Add in oil and season.
Tips for Making Russian Beet Salad with Pickles:
- All ingredients for the can be cooked ahead of time for the Russian vinaigrette salad.
- Often times sauerkraut is also added to the salad, it can add an extra tang.
- Use a vegetable chopper to make the process much quicker.
Other Russian Salad Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- 3 Carrots large
- 2 Potatoes large
- 3 Beets medium
- 6 Pickles large
- 1 Purple Onion medium
- Oil Sunflower Oil works the best
- Salt to taste
- Prepare all ingredients for the Russian Beet Salad.
- Boil carrots, potatoes and beets together. Boil for about 30 minutes, check if they’re cooked by poking with a fork. Potatoes and carrots typically cook faster than beets. Remove from water, place them to cool to a room temperature.
- Clean all vegetables, dice them into small cubes.
- Mix all vegetables together, season with salt and oil. Salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.