I tried a similar soup for the first time at my sister-in-laws, it was delicious. My mom never added bell peppers or broccoli to the soup, so the ingredients seem to be very unusual.
For the last few months I have been running tests in my kitchen to recreate a similar soup to my sister-in-law’s. And this soup was it. My husband and I went back for refills until we were stuffed. I dont feel so bad about stuffing my self, because at the end of the day, the soup is very nutritious.
Other Soup Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- 4 qt Water
- 1 lb Poultry Meat (duck, chicken, goose)
- 1/4 cup Rice
- 3 medium Potatoes
- 2 cup diced Broccoli
- 1 medium Onion
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup cubed Bell Pepper
- 1 large Carrot
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced Green Onions
- Place the rinsed meat in a pot with water. Bring to a boil and turn the heat to medium. Let it cook for at least 40 minutes. Season with salt. Add rice to the cooking ingredients, cook for 15 minutes.
- Clean, dice potatoes and add them to the cooking ingredients. Cook for 10 minutes. Dice broccoli and peppers; set them aside.
- Dice onions and carrots into small cubes. Saute on preheated skillet with oil, until ingredients are soften and golden brown. Add to cooking soup. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, bell pepper and diced green onions. Season it to taste, using salt and pepper.
- Let all ingredients simmer for 10 more minutes. Serve hot.