Do you love Chicken Gnocchi? Want to make it at home? Use this recipe, similar to Olive Garden’s Chicken Gnocchi Soup, and make it at home tonight.
You will also need the recipe forHomemade Gnocchi for this recipe!
Chicken Gnocchi Soup has been my husband’s favorite for quite some time. We stop by Olive Garden once every while, just so he can take a bite of it, although he did say recently, that this, homemade soup, tasted better!
It may seem as if this recipe requires a large number of ingredients or is too complicated to make, but I promise you that it is actually quite simple and fairly quick to do. If you’ve prepared Zuppa Toscana before, this will be just as easy, I promise.
What to Serve with Chicken Gnochhi
With any soup recipe, I love to serve a big salad and a bread of some sort. Here’s a few of my favorites:
Ingredients For Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Chicken Breasts
- Garlic Salt
- Olive oil
- Garlic Cloves
- Half and half
- Hot Water
- Chicken Better Than Bullion
How to Make Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Begin this recipe by cooking the chicken as directed. This can be done in advance, and diced to use in recipes later during the week, or can be cooked the same day you wish to make this soup.
Prepare your vegetables ahead of time to cook in s saucepan before adding flour and the half-and-half to create as roux base for this thick soup. You will follow directions for adding in the chicken, carrots, spices, and gnocchi to simmer before serving.
Other Soup Recipes to Try:
- Creamy Spinach Tortellini Soup
- Quick Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
- Kasha Soup Recipe
- Russian Meatball Soup
- Beef Rice Noodle Soup
Share Some Love ❤️
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp Garlic Salt
- Oil for cooking chicken
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup diced Onion
- 1/2 cup diced Celery
- 3 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 qt Half and half
- 24 oz Hot Water
- 2 tbsp Chicken Better Than Bullion
- 16 oz Gnocchi
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 cup chopped Spinach
- 1/2 tbsp Parsley chopped
- Season chicken on both sides with garlic salt. Preheat skillet to a medium/high and cook chicken until golden brown. Poke with a knife to see if the chicken is cooked through. Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes and dice it into one inch cubes.
- Dice, chop and prepare ingredients for cooking the soup. Combine hot water with Better Than Bouillon.
- Melt the butter with oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the half-and-half, simmer until thickened. Whisk in hot water and chicken Better Than Bullion, simmer until thickened again. Add gnocchi and parsley.
- Stir in chicken and carrots, cook for about 15 minutes. Add spinach and remove from the heat.
- Serve while the soup is warm, it also reheats well.