Most of you have probably tried smoked salmon from Costco. It is delicious no matter how you eat it. I was challenged to make a recipe, just as well tasting, running tests in my kitchen, wasting salmon, up until it worked.
This recipe totally lives up to the amazing cold smoked salmon, but for a fraction of the cost. If you try this recipe, I don’t think you will ever go back to purchasing a pre-smoked salmon.
Other Salmon Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Dry salmon fillet with paper towel. Season each side of the salmon generously with salt and sugar. Place in fridge for 12-18 hours.
- Rinse salmon under cold water to remove extra seasoning. Dry with a paper towel.
- Combine liquid smoke with water in a bowl.
- Soak the salmon in a liquid smoke mixture, it may not all be covered so you would need to turn salmon once in a while. Keep salmon soaking for 6- 8 hours.
- Remove salmon from liquid smoke and dry with a towel. Let salmon sit in a room temperature on a wire rack for about 8 hours, it will create nice dry crust all around.
- Slice salmon and serve as you wish. Salmon can be stored for up to a week in a fridge.