Spring rolls seem to be the “new hit” that I often come across on Instagram. I want to share the simplicity of this recipe with those of you that have never made it.
The cool part about spring rolls, is that you can roll up whatever you wish. Most common combinations I’ve seen are veggie, crab, shrimp and salmon. All though my favorite combination would have to be a creamy avocado and Cold Smoked Salmon paired together with fresh, crunchy veggies.
A little cool perk with this meal is that it’s filling and super healthy. We took some of those spring rolls on an eight mile hike with us, the other day, I ate two of them and felt stuffed. This article talks a little more about eating the right foods, Tips to Stay Full Longer.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 10 round rice paper sheets
- 2 large carrots
- 2 avocados
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 lb smoked salmon
- Slice the cucumber, avocado, carrots, and salmon into long, thin strips. Cut the lettuce leaves into smaller pieces.
- Soak a single rice paper in a shallow dish filled with warm water for 10-20 seconds. Lay it on a clean surface.
- Place a portion of all the ingredients on the bottom half of the rice paper. Fold over both sides and roll it up. Repeat the process until you run out of rice papers.
- Assemble the spring rolls in a single layer on a plate, making sure none of them are touching or else they will stick together.
- Serve alongside peanut sauce (or any other of your favorite Asian-style dipping sauces) and enjoy!