You will love this perfect air fryer salmon that cooks in under 15 minutes. The air fryer creates a perfect crust on the outside, while the inside remains juicy.
Air fryer salmon makes a wonderful topping for a salad, or can be served with grains or grilled zucchini. Our whole family loves salmon fillets, and these are so quick and easy to prepare.
Is Salmon Good in the Air Fryer?
Salmon is delicious in the air fryer. Aside from bacon, it is one of my favorite protein candidates for this hot, new appliance. Why? With little to no oil, the air fryer makes perfect salmon. That is, the skin is ultra crispy and the top layer forms a lovely crust. When I am in a pinch during a crazy weeknight, I often turn to air fryer fish to put a tasty meal on the table with little effort.
How do you Know When Salmon is Done?
In just under 10 minutes, the air fryer will spit out some pretty amazing salmon. However, keep in mind that salmon fillets come in all shapes and sizes. The thicker the cut, the longer it will take to cook. To prevent any guesswork, invest in a meat thermometer. When the internal temperature of the thickest part of fillet reaches 140 ℉, you are good to go. Remove the fish and let it sit for a few minutes before cutting into it. This will keep all those juices in tact!
Cooking Fish in an Air Fryer
An Air Fryer can be used to cook all sorts of fish, but our favorites have always been salmon and cod. The fillet size may vary, so keep an eye on the internal temperature to assure the readiness.
Tips for the Perfect Salmon in an Air Fryer
- Season generously; salmon typically requires extra seasoning.
- To ensure that you have a moist salmon, top salmon with slices of butter before cooking.
- Use salmon with skin on; this will keep more juices inside. While the salmon cooks, the skin will stick to the air fryer, and you can easily remove the skinless fillet.
- Cook salmon on high heat (400°F or higher) until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. When it’s cooked on high heat, the outside creates a beautiful crust, while the inside remains juicy.
Air Fryer Recipes To Try
- Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Steak Tips Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Potato Chips Recipe
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients for the recipe.
- Season salmon fillets with garlic parsley salt.
- Place fillets in the air fryer, leaving the skin on the bottom. Top it off with butter and lemon slices.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400°F for 10-13 minutes, depending on the size of fillets. The internal temperature should reach 145°F.