When I tried this Golden Key cake for the first time at a baby shower, it stole my heart, and so as the hearts of most ladies at the party. A friend of mine, on Instagram, shared her favorite recipe for the Golden Key cake. With some test runs, this cake finally came together.
The cake tastes like a slice of caramel, topped with hazelnuts. That description doesn’t do justice for the flavors of this cake, I am sure that it will also steal the key to your heart.
Other Similar Cake Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
Dulce Del Leche Cake Cream
- 1 can Dulce De Leche
- 1 cup Butter: room temperature
- 16 oz Heavy Whipping Cream: very cold
- 2 cup Hazelnuts
For Soaking Cake
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Condensed Milk
- Beat 4 eggs (no need to separate them) with sugar until it’s three times in volume.
- Whisk sour cream together with dulce de leche, until you reach the same consistency.
- Fold sour cream mixture into whipped eggs.
- In a separate dish, combine baking soda with lemon juice, add to the batter.
- Combine flour together with baking powder. Using a spatula, fold in flour by thirds; be very gentle with the dough, so you don’t over mix and lose the fluffiness. Spray a 7 or 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Place half of the batter into a baking pan. If you have another pan in the same in size, repeat with the remaining batter. If you don’t have a pan, after baking the first layer, use the same pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to see if the cake is baked. Once the cake cools, cut the cake into two slices.
- Soak the inside of two slices with the whipping cream and the other two slices, with condensed milk; set it aside. In the meantime, dice toasted hazelnuts and set aside.
Dulce De Leche Cream
- Whip the butter (room temperature) with 1 can of dulce de leche.
- In a separate bowl, whisk very cold heavy whipping cream until soft peaks. Don’t beat the cream for too long or it will separate.
- Fold in dulce de leche mixture into whipped cream.
- Place the layer, soaked with whipping cream, on the bottom, followed by cream and chopped hazelnuts. Place the layer soaked with condensed milk, followed by the cream, then hazelnuts. Repeat in this order until you run out of cake layers.
- Using the remaining cream, decorate the outside of the cake.
- I applied some diced hazelnuts on the sides and the whole piece on top.