As much as I want to make a Honey Cake or Golden Key Cake, I cannot stand the heat in the kitchen. So, I’ve been going to Plum Pies and coffee cakes for dessert, for the last few days. How normal is it, having tried numerous cake recipes, during the past few years, not to have had a favorite one? This cake changed things around.
If you take a bite, your teeth will first sink through a chewy, sweet crunch, which is attained from the caramelized brown sugar. Take in a bit more, and you will see soft swirls of brown sugar on the inside, adding more great taste. The combination of a rich, crusty shell, with a soft, flavorful body, makes this cake worthy of its title.
Other Coffee Cakes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Light Olive Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (or White Vinegar)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 cup Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee
- 1/2 cup Margarine
- Prepare all ingredients for the cake. Coffee is not part of this picture, it is an optional choice.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. To the eggs, add milk, vanilla extract and oil. In a small bowl, combine together lemon juice and baking soda. Add soda mixture into the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour together with sugar.
- In small parts, add flour mixture into the liquid mixture. Stir to combine the mixture well together.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar with cinnamon and instant coffee.
- Brush an 11 inch baking pan, pour half of the the cake batter into the pan. Sprinkle half of the brown sugar over the cake batter.
- Pour the remaining batter into the baking pan and sprinkle it with the remaining brown sugar. Pour melted margarine over the top of the cake.
- Bake cake at 350F for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool to a room temperature.