This Blueberry Scones recipe will win you over! The scones come out flaky, moist and tender every time. Our family has enjoyed these over several generations.
Blueberry scones are a perfect treat for breakfast or brunch. I typically make a large batch and keep them in a sealed container to grab one when on the go. When we’re hosting a brunch, these scones are a must.
These blueberry scones bring back childhood memories. A cup of milk with my grandma’s warm scones was my favorite snack. Grandma made them with blueberries – fresh in the summer and dried during the winter time. Equally tasty!
If you want fresh bakery-like scones made at home, try this recipe. I am sure that after you try it, you will save it and keep it for generations like my family did.
How to Make The Best Blueberry Scones?
- Combine together flour, sugar, baking powder. To the mixture add in softened butter and vanilla. Combine everything until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Fold sour cream into the mixture, while being careful not to overwork the dough. If you work it just enough to mix in, it will give you those lightly textured scones.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape and spread berries over the dough. Roll it up, forming a long log shape. Use your hands to finish forming the log, making it isometric.
- Cut the scones into rectangular shapes. Apply the egg mixture on top and generously sprinkle them with sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
Other Recipes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
For the Glaze
- 1 eggs whisked
- 1 cup sugar
- Prepare ingredients for the scones dough. Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add softened butter. Gently fold in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Carefully mix in the dough together, be sure not to over-mix. The dough may still appear crumbly, but it’s totally fine.
- Roll the dough unto a rectangular shape. Spread blueberries all over the the dough. Fold over the dough, rolling it into a log shape.
- Place scones onto the lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with whisked egg and sprinkle with some sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until scones are golden brown.