This is a delicious almond cake, infused with orange flavors and a kick of fresh pomegranate. This scrumptious combo is a must try if you are an orange lover.
This is a modern version of a classic Romanian almond cake. Romania is known for their massive almond crops, that is why many of their dessert recipes include almonds. Almonds and pomegranate juice makes this orange cake incredibly unique and delicious. If you love the orange flavor, then you will fall in love with this orange infused almond cake.
How To Make An Almond Cake?
- To make baking easier, prepare all ingredients ahead of time.
- Always read the whole entire recipe instructions before starting to make the almond cake form scratch.
- Be sure to measure dry ingredients correctly.
The following recipe has been contributed by Love from Munchkin Time.
Other Recipes with Almonds
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare ingredients for the cake. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease 9 x 3 inches round pan or 6 inches square pan with butter, then line the pan with a parchment paper.
- Place orange in a small sauce pan, fill the pot with water to cover the orange and bring it to a boil, reduce to medium heat and cook for 25 minutes, or until skin turns soft. Remove from the water and let it cool. Then blend to a puree.
- While the orange is cooking, lets make a cake syrup. In a small sauce pan add 1 cup pomegranate juice and 5 tablespoons of raw honey. Bring it to a gentle boil and cook on medium/low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring consistently. Set aside to let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 3 cups of almond flour, 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Give it a good mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 1/2 cup sugar and 10 tablespoons of butter, beat using electrical mixer until creamy and light in color.
- Whisk in 1 egg at a time, be sure to whisk well after each egg.
- Add in orange puree and stir to combine everything together.
- Carefully fold in the flour mixture using a spatula, careful not to over the mix. Pour the batter into a pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted inside the center of the cake. Let the cake cool inside the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and let it cool on the cooling rack.
- Poke little holes on the top of the cake, using a toothpick. Slowly brush the cake syrup over the cake. Garnish the cake with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves. Enjoy!