This is a delicious almond cake, infused with orange flavors and a kick of fresh pomegranate. This scrumptious combo is a must try if you are an orange lover.
This is a modern version of a classic Romanian almond cake. Romania is known for their massive almond crops, that is why many of their dessert recipes include almonds. Almonds and pomegranate juice makes this orange cake incredibly unique and delicious. If you love the orange flavor, then you will fall in love with this orange infused almond cake.
How To Make An Almond Cake?
- To make baking easier, prepare all ingredients ahead of time.
- Always read the whole entire recipe instructions before starting to make the almond cake form scratch.
- Be sure to measure dry ingredients correctly.
The following recipe has been contributed by Love from Munchkin Time.
Other Recipes with Almonds
Share Some Love ❤️
- Gather your ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×3 in. round pan with butter and line it with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, cover an entire orange with water and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and cook for 25 minutes, or until the rind turns soft (jump to the next step while the orange is boiling). Remove the orange from the water and let it cool. Puree the entire orange in a food processor or blender.
- While the orange is cooking, get started on the cake syrup. In a small saucepan, add 1 cup of pomegranate juice and 5 tablespoons of raw honey. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and cook on medium/low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring consistently. Set the syrup aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 3 cups of almond flour, 1 cup of all-purpose flour, and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Give it a good mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups sugar and 10 tablespoons of butter. Beat with an electric hand mixer until creamy and light in color.
- Whisk in 1 egg at a time.
- Add in orange puree and stir to combine.
- Carefully fold in the flour mixture with a spatula, being sure not to over mix the batter. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean with inserted into the center of the cake. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and place it on a cooling rack.
- Using a toothpick, poke little holes all over the top of the cake. With a pastry brush, carefully spread the syrup over the top of the cake. Garnish the cake with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves. Enjoy!