“Sharlotka” is a Russian version of an apple pie, but it is closer in texture to a cake. This is one of the most popular desserts with fruits, since for many, apples were the only type of fruit preservable over winter. This cake is filled with so many apples, that having a slice after a slice, was completely guilt free. Hubby and I took care of the whole cake in 24 hours; well, kids helped a bit. 🙂
A huge bonus to Sharlotka, is the simplicity of making it. This is going to be my number one backup dessert, for when unexpected guest come.
Other Recipes To Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 large Apples
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Wash, peal and dice apples into one inch pieces.
- Using a mixer, beat eggs with sugar, until it’s three times in volume.
- Using a spatula, fold in flour by thirds; be very gentle with the dough, to not overmix it and lose the fluffiness.
- Lay out the diced apples on the bottom of a 9 inch pan. Cover apples with cake batter, shake the pan a bit, to spread batter between each apple piece.
- Bake it at 350 for 40 minutes, check, using a wooden toothpick. If the cake is ready, the dough should not stick to the toothpick.
- Once the cake will cool off a little, turn it over with the bottom up and dust with some powdered sugar.