A friend of mine shared this recipe with me, saying said that her family really loves it. I knew that my husband would like them also. When we go out traveling, he often stops by McDonald’s just to pick up on a few pies.
It makes it all the better, knowing that you can control your own ingredients, starting from puff pastry dough, to choosing a filling. If you don’t feel like making your own pastry dough, you can find it in a freezer section at most grocery stores.
Other Apple Treats
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare ingredients for the pies. Try picking out hard, tart apples, but other apples would work just as great.
- Peel and slice apples into 8-10 pieces, set aside.
- Roll out the pastry dough on a floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 9 equal pieces. Into the middle of each piece, place 4-5 pieces of apples, a spoonful of sugar and a teaspoon of flour into each one.
- Fold dough over the apples, forming little pockets from it. Place pies on a lined baking sheet. Whisk egg in a separate bowl. Brush each pie with eggs, sprinkling them with some sugar.
- Bake pies at 415F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.