Puff Pastry Cheese Turnovers are light and flaky, quick treat to prepare.
My hubby was taken away by this recipe, couldn’t stop eating. It’s usually a challenge to impress him food-wise, nowadays, since he’s tasted every dish here on Mom’s Dish. In fact he said I must add these to the menu for my future bakery.
Other Cheese Pastries to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 Puff Pastry Dough
- 1 lb Farmers Cheese
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg separated egg yolk from whites
- 1/4 cup Sugar for the tops
- Combine farmers cheese together with cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and egg yolk. Set aside.
- Roll out the pastry dough into a thin layer. Cut the dough into 3 inch squares. Into the middle of each square, place cheese fillings. Fold over the dough to form triangles.
- Place cookies one by one in a lined baking sheet. Whisk the left over egg whites a bit, using a fork.
- Apply egg whites to the tops of cookies and sprinkle them with some sugar. Bake cookies at 350F for 25 minutes.