We absolutely love Zuppa Toscana. I make it on a regular basis for family and friends and we never have leftovers to waste. This soup reminds me in many ways of the Zuppa Toscana.
This Creamy Spinach Tortellini Soup is a perfect form of comfort foods. I love the creamy liquids and the nutritious ingredients. I am so excited for all of you to try it, I know you will love it!
Other Italian Soup Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Gather the ingredients for the soup. Dice the onion and press the garlic.
- In a soup pot preheated with a tiny bit of oil over medium heat, add in the ground Italian sausage, breaking it up as you cook it. Next, add in the diced onion and pressed garlic. Cover with 5 quarts of water.
- Let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes. Then, add the tortellini and let it simmer until the pasta is cooked through (about 2-3 minutes if you're using refrigerated, raw tortellini and about 5-6 minutes if you're using frozen tortellini). Add in the whipping cream and stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and add in the diced spinach. Season to taste with salt.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy!