This Smoked Salmon Chowder is so easy to make and tastes so amazing in the end. You guys, if you live where it’s cold, I feel your pain. WA state has been so cold the past month, soup has been our best friend.
Personally, I don’t eat much seafood, but salmon is one of my favorites. Chowder with smoked salmon is a must if you like smoked salmon. A friend of mine at work, who shared this recipe with me, also mentioned that sometimes she adds corn to it; that may also be a great idea.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Gather all the ingredients for the chowder.
- Dice the carrots and celery into small cubes. Next, mince the green onions.
- Preheat a soup pot or Dutch oven with a bit of oil. Add in the veggies and cook them until they soften. Add flour and red pepper flakes to the mixture, stirring to combine. Cook the flour for a couple of minutes to remove the raw flavor.
- Add the water and chicken broth concentrate. Bring to a boil.
- Dice the potatoes and smoked salmon into small cubes.
- Add the smoked salmon and potatoes to the soup pot.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to the soup. Bring it to a boil and immediately remove it from heat. Season with salt to taste.
- Garnish the soup with green onions and enjoy!