A few weeks ago we went to Oregon coast, as you saw on my Instagram account. It was my parents’ 40th Anniversary, so I baked a special cake to bring with us. My family is so spoiled by all the delicious foods, with one sister being a professional chef and another that bakes, that it’s not always easy to impress them. This cake, however, created a commotion.
I have also baked two of same cakes for kids, school fundraiser, one was sold for $600, insane right?! They told me that it was delicious.
The recipe for this cake is very simple, with step by step photo process. It doesn’t require any special skill and wont take much of your time.
For this recipe, you will need to bake one 7 inch Cacao Sponge Cake (click link for the recipe), divide the dough into two baking pans so it bakes better.
Other Chocolate Cakes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Bake two chocolate sponge cakes. Once cooled, slice each cake into two even pieces for a total of 4 layers.
- Toast the hazelnuts in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Whip the dulce de leche, cream cheese, butter, and Nutella together until smooth.
- Cover a plate with foil. Place the first cake layer on the plate and apply a layer of frosting on top of it.
- Sprinkle on some chopped hazelnuts on top of the cream. Repeat the process with the remaining cake layers, leaving the top layer unfrosted.
- Frost the outside of the cake with the remaining cake cream. Pop the cake in the refrigerator to set.
- Bring the heavy whipping cream to a boil. Pour it over the chocolate chips in a medium bowl and let it sit for a few minutes. Stir the mixture until smooth and creamy and let it cool to room temperature.
- Using a pastry bag or a plastic bag with the tip cut off, pipe the chocolate along the edge of the cake, allowing the chocolate to drizzle down the sides. Pipe some of the chocolate in the center of the cake and spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Scatter some hazelnuts on the outer edges of the cake. Place the cake in the refrigerator overnight or at least for 2-3 hours. Slice and enjoy!