This type of jello is very common in Slavic community. Often times its preferred over regular fruit jello. I get it why, it has wonderful rich chocolate flavor.
You can make this jello with different flavors but replacing cacao with fruit jello. Just make your milk layers really thin, it adds just small hint of flavor to the fruit jello.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 3 cup Low Fat Milk
- 3 cup Water
- 4 small Bags Gelatin
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- Sugar to taste
- Bring the milk and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from the heat.
- 2 bags of gelatin dissolve with warm water (don’t use hot water, it will crumble up). Add gelatin mixture to milk and sugar, stir to combine.
- In separate small saucepan boil water, once water is boils add sugar and cacao powder; mix it up until sugar dissolves.
- Repeat this step again, 2 bags of gelatin dissolve with warm water (don’t use hot water, it will crumble up). Add gelatin mixture of water and cacao, and stir to combine.
- Use small glass pan and make thin layers of different colors. Put pan in fridge with each layer to firm up, let mix sit in room temperature, until your firs layer is ready for next one. Make sure your mixture is not hot because it will melt the first layer. I make my layers thin, its more fun this way and there is lots of flavor with each bite.