This is a very common cake in a Slavic kitchen. It has an amazing flavor from the caramel cream, loaded with walnuts and prunes. The cake is very simple to make, if you follow instructions, I promise you it will turn out amazing.
Follow instructions how to bake the Perfect Sponge Cake from my Sponge Cake recipe. I baked 2 of them, this way I got much taller cake.
Note: make sure that whipping cream is extra cold and cream cheese is room temperature. This way you get nice thick cream.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Bake chopped walnuts in oven until golden brown. Let them cool until they are room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese with condensed milk until you get smooth texture add heavy whipping cream. Beat on high speed until you get 3 times the volume. Make sure not to over beat, otherwise cream turns out runny.
- Take ½ of the cream, add cacao powder and beat for few minutes. Until you mix in all cacao well.
- Slice you Beskvit cake into 2 layers. Place 1st layer, put white cream, spread ½ of dry plums over the cream. Place Second layer, add cacao cream, spread walnuts. Again, place 3rd layer, put white cream, spread ½ of dry plums over the cream.
- Cover all of your cake with cacao cream and cover sides with walnuts and spread walnuts on corners.