This Purple Cabbage Salad is truly amazing. Bright flavors, vibrant colors and so filling. It’ll be a hit at your next event.
The Purple Cabbage Salad is so unique in flavors. Typically, I don’t like olives, but they work so well with this salad. They add that extra zest to the flavors, making your tastebuds dance.
The first time I’ve tried this Purple Cabbage Salad is on the New Years Eve. My friend made it that night and I just loved it. It’s not typical for salads to go first at a dinner table, but this was the case.
Tips for Purple Cabbage Salad
- For cabbage use Mandoline slicer to get perfectly even pieces
- Prepare all vegetables ahead of time, keep them sealed and refrigerated until ready to serve
- The dressing can be prepared ahead of time, but only add dressing to the salad right before serving
Other Cabbage Salads to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1/2 medium Purple Cabbage
- 1/2 lb tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/3 cup pimento filled olives
- Combine all dressing ingredients together, whisk it using a fork. Set the dressing aside.
- Prepare the ingredients for the purple cabbage salad. Shred cabbage into thin pieces. Cut olives into halves.
- Place all vegetables into a bowl.
- Toss vegetables together. Right before serving, add the dressing to the mixture. The salad is best to be served right away while it’s fresh.