Farmers Cheese Coffee Cake is known as “Zapekanka” in Ukraine. It’s a cake, made of farmers cheese, typically served for breakfast. You could also describe it as a farmers cheesecake. It’s often served while still warm, with various types of berry sauce. You can also add raisins or other dry fruits to the dish.
To put it in a few words, you can eat this cheesecake for breakfast and still not harm your waistline. 😉
You can find the farmers cheese in most European markets. You can also make your ownhomemade farmers cheese, it effortless with only 10 minutes of prep time.
Other Farmers Cheese Recipes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 5 tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Cream of Wheat
- 2 Eggs
- 500 g Farmers Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Prepare all ingredients for this recipe.
- Combine cream of wheat with sour cream. Set aside to let it soak for about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine farmers cheese, eggs, salt, sugar and vanilla extract until it's creamy.
- Add sour cream mixture to the remainder of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Preheat baking dish and butter all its sides.
- Add combined ingredients and bake at 350F for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool to a room temperature to have a nice cut or serve it while it's still warm.