This farmer cheesecake with apricots is one of those old Russian, classic cakes. You may have noticed that Russian pastries are often made with farmers cheese. That’s because back in the days of our grandparents, people in villages did not own refrigerators, and since it was hard to preserve milk, they ended up making farmers cheese. They’ve used it in crepes and all sorts of other pastries.
This cake is not very sweet in flavors, especially if you use fresh apricots. If you have a sweet tooth, I would suggest adding a bit more sugar into the crust and filling.
You can purchase farmer cheese in most grocery stores or prepare it on your own, see the Farmer Cheese recipe.
Other Farmers Cheese Recipes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 6 Eggs
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 8 Apricots fresh or canned
- 3 cup Farmers Cheese
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Potato Starch
- These are the ingredients you will need for the cake. Butter should be at a room temperature.
- Using a fork, combine butter with 1/3 cup sugar and whisk in three eggs.
- Add flour and baking powder into the mixture, stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Use an 11 inch baking dish, place dough in the center. Using your fingers, work the dough to cover the inside of the baking dish, creating a deep dish out of the dough.
- Cut apricots in halves, place them with cut side down, at the bottom of the dish.
- Whisk 3 eggs until you have one consistency, add farmer cheese and potato starch into the eggs. Whisk or beat with a mixer until the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk heavy whipping cream with 1/2 cup sugar until stiff peaks. Fold in whipping cream into farmer cheese mixture.
- Spread cheese mixture over the top of the apricots.
- Bake at 350 for 60-75 minutes. To see if the cake is bakes, touch the center of it, it should be on a firm side. Let the cake cook completely before serving.