These Copycat of Starbucks Morning Buns are going to be your favorite. Using a No Knead dough will make your life so much easier. If you are a beginner baker, this is the recipe for you.
Morning Bun Tip and Tricks
- Prepare the dough a day or two ahead of time, this way it doesn’t take too much time on the day you’re baking them
- The dough can be refrigerated for up to four days
- You can also use the same dough to make Cinnamon Rolls
Popular No Knead Recipes
- No-Knead Cinnamon Rolls, another idea where you can use the same dough.
- No Knead Bread, one of the most popular recipes on the blog.
- No Knead Bread Buns, would be amazing for Thanksgiving.
Share Some Love ❤️
This copycat recipe for Starbucks' world-famous morning buns is out of this world. Made with a no-knead dough, it's super simple to make and suitable for seasoned bakers and beginner's alike.
- Prepare ingredients for the dough.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl, minus the flour. Whisk until well combined.
- Using the spatula, fold in the flour one half at a time. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough sit overnight at room temperature.
- Place dough on a well-floured surface.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape. Spread melted butter over it, followed by a generous sprinkling of sugar. Roll the dough into a log and seal the end by pinching it with your fingertips.
- Cut the dough into even-sized pieces with a sharp knife (about 15 pieces). Grease a deep baking dish with butter.
- Place the buns into the baking dish. They will have plenty of space between, but will rise and spread during the baking process (see photo).
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Starbucks Morning Buns (Copycat)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g30%
Vitamin A 315IU6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclosure of Material Connection: We have not received any compensation for writing this post. We have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that we have mentioned. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."