Nutella Stuffed Snowball Cookies are classic cookies that melt in your mount. They're nutty and filled with an unexpected delight on the inside.
Snowball Cookies are often referred to as the Russian Tea Cookies. They're irresistibly tender with a right pinch of sweetness, making it perfect with a cup of hot tea. The powdered, snowy look adds that nice Christmas feeling to the whole experience.
How to Make Nutella Stuffed Snowball Cookies
- Add Nutella to a piping bag. Form small dollops of Nutella on a lined baking sheet. Place it into a freezer while you're working on the dough.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar with butter. To the mixture, add flour and pecans, whisk to combine all ingredients together.
- Form circles with the dough, place Nutella pieces on the inside. Fold over and form ball-shaped cookies.
- Bake cookies at 350F for about 15 minutes or until they're golden brown.
- While the Snowball Cookies are still warm, roll them through the powdered sugar. Once they cool, roll them once again through powdered sugar.
How to Store Snowball Cookies
Cookies can be stored for up to a week in an airtight container or frozen for a few months. If you choose to freeze them, open the container before you thaw them, to allow the moisture to escape. Thaw completely before serving.