Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites are incredibly easy to prepare. Packed with protein and melty cheese, they will soon become your new breakfast go-to.
Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites
Starbucks really put the egg bite on the map. However, buying them once or twice a week from the cafe can get so expensive. By making them at home with your pressure cooker, you’ll save time and money!
If you don’t own an instant pot, you can make our Starbucks Egg Bites in your oven.
Variations of Instant Pot Egg Bites
The beauty of egg bites is that you can mix and match different ingredients to customize them just the way you like. Here are some of our favorites:
- Greens and Cheese: Spinach or kale pairs well with just about any cheese. We like to use feta, goat cheese or sharp cheddar.
- Bacon and Cheese: Bacon and swiss always hits the spot.
- Bell Pepper and Cheese: Chop up the colorful bell peppers and add them to the mix.
- Broccoli and Mozzarella: Chop broccoli in to small pieces, it will add a nice crunch to the egg bites.
Making Your Own Variations
If you wish to make your own winning combination, here are some ingredients that you can mix and match to make something tasty:
- Veggies: Onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, green onions, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, spinach, kale, potatoes, and any and all types of herbs.
- Meats: Bacon, ham, steak, grilled chicken, turkey, Canadian bacon and sausage.
- Cheeses: Mozzarella, parmesan, jack cheese, cheddar, feta, goat cheese and pepper jack.
Mold for The Instant Pot Egg Bites
We got a set of two molds because you can make a large batch and save your leftovers for later. I would suggest purchasing this set of two molds from Amazon. These are so awesome because they were designed to be used in the Instant Pot and can withstand extremely high heats.
How to Make Instant Pot Egg Bites
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty! Here’s a quick overview of the steps you need to take to make these tasty bites:
- Add water and your trivet to the Instant Pot.
- Add eggs, cheese and cottage cheese to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the silicone mold compartments,
- Add in whatever veggies and meat you choose to the mold. Leave space for eggs to expend. Cover tightly.
- Place the mold atop the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Set the vent to sealing. Press the steam bottom and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the Instant Pot to natural release for an additional 10 minutes. Carefully release any remaining pressure by switching the valve into the venting setting. Remember that hot steam may still be built up inside, so use a towel to switch the valve to venting and keep your face away from the steam.
Storing Instant Pot Egg Bites
Egg bites are a meal-preppers best friend! Make a couple of big batches and store them in the fridge or freezer for a quick and healthy breakfast on the run:
- Freezing: Allow your egg bites to come to room temperature. Remove them from the molds and place them in a freezer-safe bag. Pop them in the freezer and they will keep for up to three months. When you are ready to reheat, pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds to a minute.
- Refrigerating: Remove your egg bites from the mold and place them in an airtight container or a freezer-safe bag. Refrigerate for up to a week. When you are ready to reheat, pop them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until warmed through.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup mozarella cheese
- 1/3 cup broccolini
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 1/3 cup arugula
- 1/3 cup bell peppers
- Prepare ingredients for the recipe.
- In a blender whisk together eggs, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into the egg bites mold, leaving space on top. Sprinkle veggies, meats and herbs into the egg bites. Cover tightly using a lid or foil.
- Fill the instant pot with half a cup of water and add the egg bites. Cover the instant pot with a lid in a sealed position. Set it to 10 minutes at steam. Once it's cooked the pressure will naturally release.
- Remove egg bites from the mold. Enjoy!